Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I will not cry over spilled milk...

...or spilled oatmeal. I chose to be happy despite the chaos around me.

I woke in a great mood, my kids let me sleep in until almost 10am. I got up and fed the baby. After eating for 20 min he decided he needed to show me how much he ate by emptying the entire contents of his stomach all over the front of me. Ok so maybe he ate too much or I didn't burp him soon enough it's ok I've got plenty more where that came from. I couldn't shower because Jason was already at work, but I've got Cucumber Green Tea scented baby wipes "bathlike fresh" so it's all good. I get myself cleaned up and dressed and get the baby cleaned up and dressed and head upstairs to assess any damage that may have happened while I was sleeping. Looked good at first glance. Sat downs to feed the baby again and he spits up again (this is the 4th time he's spit up since emptying his tummy, I'm surprised there's anything left). As I'm feeding the baby I look to see what the older two are doing and notice the mountains of oatmeal in the hallway. Oh dear, no need to cry or shout, it won't help anything. They wanted something to put into their dump trucks, so they had filled the trucks and dumped oatmeal all over the hallway (our oatmeal is in a 5 gallon bucket, so there's lots). Our hallway is now paved with oatmeal and I've got a fussy baby, so it's going to stay that way for a while. Maybe I can clean it up while the boys are at a birthday party in 45min. Probably not. I'm probably going to go for a walk to keep the baby happy and to keep my sanity, cause most of you moms out there understand that there's no use cleaning up a mess before the kids go to bed, because they'll just remake it the second your back is turned. I usually hope that sleep will reset their little brains and they'll lose interest in the messes they had made the day before. Starting the day fresh I can hope for a mess free day... someday it'll happen and if I'm lucky that day will come before all of my kids are out of the house. I can dream can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment