Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cute Kid Stuff

I think trying to focus on the positive has started to work a little bit. :) Today hasn't been too different from ordinary, but I've been able to stay pretty calm and relatively upbeat. I'm grateful because it's given me the opportunity to notice and appreciate some of the cute things my kids have said and/or done today.

Joseph's quote for today, "You see that blood right there? That's from a mosquito doing a somersault."

Mikey's quote needs a little bit of background. We have an extra bedroom in our home that we've made into a playroom for the boys and I try to get them to keep their toys in there to avoid me tripping on things. Today they decided that there was an imaginary army in the hallway that they needed to battle, so out came all of the "army vehicles". Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Please take those back into the playroom.
Mikey: But there's an imaginary army that we need to fight.
Me: Ask it to move into the playroom.
Mikey: But it's a mean army.
Me: It's YOUR imaginary army it will do whatever you want it to do.
Mikey: Army please move to the playroom. Walk and wait in front of the door so I can run you over.
Me: *stifling laughter*

I love that my boys have such active imaginations. They are content to play for hours without any adult interference. Watching and listening to them play makes me grateful for the lack of TV in our home. Instead of just acting out what they see on TV they really do make things up. I can't wait to see what they come up with next. I love my boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment