June graced us with a visit from Jason's family. They were a tremendous help in getting some things fixed up around the new house. We needed a wall in the garage rebuilt we managed to get it done while they were here. I'm glad we had their help, cause there's a lot that goes into building a wall that I wouldn't have even known where to start. Nathon mowed down our back yard in only two days (he had to use a weed eater and a scythe). Della got our side yard gravel pit thingy all leveled out and she pruned the rose bushes and made the flower bed all pretty. I know they helped get a lot more done, but I can't remember what was done when at this point, but they were a HUGE help.
We also got to travel back to CA with the Dyck Clan to visit friends and family. I was finally able to meet my brother Bryan's wife, Melissa and my brother Matthew's little girl, Faith. I had fun just hanging out at Mom and Dad's getting to know Melissa and Hailey, Melissa's daughter, and my boys had a blast playing with cousins they hadn't seen in two years. We also got to travel up to Redding to visit my grandmother. She hadn't met Samuel yet. It was good to see her. Our trip ended with the ever so scenic drive back to Utah with Mom and Dad.
July I think July was pretty uneventful. If anything big happened I'm sorry, I can't remember. :(
August Joseph turned 4 and Mikey started Kindergarten. Jason and I got to go to a BB King concert in SLC without the kids! We decided it was a great way of celebrating 10yrs of friendship. We also started serving together as Cub Scout Den Leaders. It's been fun getting to know all of the boys and trying to learn how to run a den. :) We'll get the hang of it just in time to get released I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment